Advantage through safety | This is CAVEO
CAVEO was founded by Martin Rieder in 2014. The name of the company speaks for itself. CAVEO comes from Latin and figuratively means ‘beware, take care, be careful‘. We have made this our mission and our team and partners live up to it.
We are sure to give you a lead!
Our diverse experience, far-sightedness, and expertise is based, among other things, on practical experience and knowledge. We know from our experience where the problems often come from, and that’s accurately where we get involved.
Many consultants do everything — we are specialized!
We advise you on product conformity, product safety and liability, workplace safety and technical documentation. One of our key focuses is legal and normative conformity, where we have been working closely with specialized legal partners and accredited test centres/laboratories for many years.
Anyone associated with technical safety and documentation will have quickly discovered that Martin Rieder is a proven expert on the broad spectrum of product conformity and product liability and all the associated types of legal and normative requirements.
Before founding CAVEO, he worked for several years in the manufacturing industry, where he already dealt with operational safety, damage prevention and logistics. This was followed by many years as a leading manager in process plant engineering with responsibility for plant and process safety, product conformity and technical documentation as well as archiving and training internationally. This shows inevitably that he is very familiar with all sides of the business.
In addition, a broad range of experience has also been built up in the areas of fire safety, radiation safety, crisis and disaster management and standardization as a result of activities and tasks carried out to date.
Through the variety of activities also in national, European, and international expert committees, he has clearly consolidated his reputation as an expert in the fields mentioned.
Publications by and with Martin Rieder
Tillmann/Fritz/Klumpp/Rieder/Schmeling/Schneider, Implementation (practical guide) of IEC/IEEE 82079-1, incl. parallel use of other standards (German and English publication); (Stuttgart 2020)
Technical papers and articles
- Rieder, Neues Zeichen für Konformität in technische kommunikation (2021) — Technical paper on UKCA and UKNI marking
- Rieder, Vom Mitgliedsland zum Drittstaat in technische kommunikation (2021) — Technical paper on BREXIT
- Rieder/Heuer-James, Product Compliance Grand Slam — rechtliche Stolperfallen in der Technischen Kommunikation in conference transcript for the tcworld conference, Stuttgart (2020)
- Rieder, Sichere Informationsprodukte im Zeichen von Digitaler Zwilling und Smart Product Information in conference proceedings for the tcworld conference, Stuttgart (2020)
- Rieder, Fit For EU? — Technical Documentation In The European Market — Legal-Normative Requirements in conference proceedings of the tcworld China Conference (2020)
- Rieder, How Important Technical Documentation Can Be For The Prevention Of Incidents (Keynote) in conference proceedings of the MEGAComm 2020, Israel (2020)
- Rieder, The Role Of Risk Assessment In Technical Documentation in conference proceedings of MEGAComm 2020, Israel (2020)
- Rieder, How To Prepare CE-Compliant Information For Use in conference proceedings of MEGAComm 2020, Israel (2020)
- Rieder, CE-Kennzeichnung und technische Dokumentation nach dem BREXIT in technische kommunikation (2020)
- Rieder, Separate Ways From Now On — The Meaning Of BREXIT And Its Impact On Technical Documentation in tekom Europe Year Book 2020 (Hrsg. tcworld, 2020)
- Rieder/Vermeulen, How to Create CE-Compliant Information for Use? in conference proceedings for the tcworld conference, Stuttgart (2019)
- Rieder/Heuer-James, Product Compliance – rechtliche Anforderungen an die
Technische Dokumentation in conference proceedings for the tekom spring conference, Vienna (2019)
- Schmeling/Rieder/Schneider, ISO 20607 und IEC 82079-1 — (wie) passt das zusammen? in conference proceedings for the tekom spring conference Vienna and tcworld conference, Stuttgart (2019)
- Rieder, EN ISO 20607 „Sicherheitsbezogene Anforderungen in Betriebsanleitungen“ jetzt als harmonisierte Norm zur Maschinenrichtlinie gelistet in tcworld magazine (2019)
- Rieder, Die Zwei – Maschinen dokumentieren in technische kommunikation (2019) — Technical paper on EN ISO 20607
- Rieder, How Important Technical Documentation Can Be For The Prevention Of Incidents (Keynote) in conference proceedings for the 10th International Conference on the Prevention of Accidents at Work, Vienna (2019)
- Schmeling/Rieder/Schneider, Wie funktionieren ISO 20607 und IEC/IEEE 82079-1 zusammen in conference proceedings for the tcworld conference, Stuttgart (2018)
- Die neue ISO 20607 — Betriebsanleitungen im Kontext von Sicherheit von Maschinen in conference proceedings for the tekom spring conference Koblenz (2018)
- Schmeling/Rieder, Wie funktionieren ISO 20607 und IEC/IEEE 82079-1 zusammen in conference proceedings for the tekom spring conference Koblenz (2018)
Lectures and seminars
Master’s course Technical Documentation — legal-normative requirements for technical documentation.
tcworld/tekom Europe/tekom Deutschland/Tecom Schweiz:
Standardisation/legislation, product conformity and liability, technical documentation, digitalisation, incident prevention
Training for safety specialist: machine safety, work equipment, business management basics, cost-benefit analysis
Training for safety officers
Course Technical Writer
Course CE Product Coordinator
Austrian Armed Forces:
Leadership and Tactics
Standards in Technical Documentation
Preventive and defensive fire protection, safety at air traffic facilities, evacuation